"I have birth two weeks ago and stayed on kingsgate..."

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

Well I planed on having my little girl in mlu but she went 12 days over so had to be induced, to them be told I couldn't have her in there now and had to have her on labour ward. had a lovely midwife, looked after me well but soon as she went off shift went down hill from there. another midwife took over, she kept telling I didn't need to push as I wasn't far enough in labour so she wouldn't give me any pain reliever. after me telling her this I was rushed down and gave birth with in 29 mins with only the last 15 mins with pain relieve. I was so annoyed to be told I didn't need to push etc, I no my own body. I had a terrible experience with my first child and really wanted a special one this time and she made it awful. to be then left in my own blood for an hour and my baby girl not even weighed yet and she was cold and hungry I was starting to get annoyed, she finally came back weighed my daughter so we dressed her etc I'm still in a bed if blood and uncomfortable, she then said she was running me a bath and hour went passed again, still no sign it was 3 am by then me and hubby were tired, he had keep ringing the bell for help. in the end he helped me get dressed and sitting in a chair someone came along and asked what wa wrong, to then my husband said she has been waiting two hours for the midwife to come bk can you just get her on the ward so she can sleep. they did this put me on the ward, didn't see the midwife again or any other midwife, until the next morning the lovely first midwife came to see me and asked how I was. I just wish I had her throughout my whole labour as she would of treated me with respect and dignity. no other midwife who came in said hello, just looked at me. I was very disappointed but happy I had this midwife for some of my labour. the food was terrible too and it didn't feel very clean on the ward. my midwife that looked after me throughout my whole pregancy was amazing and I loved her. you should have more like her and the first midwife. I'm very didi punted in the midwife that took over.

Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry that there were aspects of your care which you were not happy about. Please do email me and I will arrange for our head of midwifery to discuss your experience with you. My email address is Julie.pearce1@nhs.net. I do hope you are enjoying your daughter now you are home.