"Chest complaint"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

On the evening of the 9th September 2014 I attended A&E with a chest complaint. Due to my age and where the chest complaint was I feared it was something to do with my heart. I booked in at reception and was seen by a triage nurse almost immediately. She asked me numerous questions and check my blood pressure. My blood pressure reading was exceptionally high. I was then taken through to be seen by numerous other doctors and nurses who did a number of tests on me. These included blood tests, heart monitoring and even X-Rays. In the end once all tests were complete I was given a clean bill of health. It seemed most likely I had somehow damaged the muscles between my ribs. The whole process took around 2 hours. I would just like to thank everyone involved in my assessment. Everyone did a brilliant job.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience when you recently attended the Emergency Department; please be assured that your feedback and thanks have been forwarded to the staff in the department.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thank you for providing your feedback; please be assured that your kind comments have been shared with staff in the Emergency Department.