"Operation cancelled three times now, get a grip."

About: Royal Preston Hospital

Satisfactory treatment for a burst fracture with subsequent stabilization has resulted in a decent, though extremely painful, partial recovery. Currently awaiting hardware removal procedure in order to hopefully, alleviate some pain. Three times arrangements have been made by myself, to have my children cared for whilst i'm in hospital, three times cancelled. Thanks Royal Preston for nothing, poor management . Avoid this place at all costs if a neuro-procedure is needed. Try other neuro units in the area such as, Salford Royal Hospital. If a procedure is cancelled at this hospital, it's quickly re-arranged and sorted within ten days. Bad hospital management.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience. I'm so sorry to hear that your surgery has been cancelled on three occasions. Can I ask you to please liaise with our PALS department, who will be pleased to try to resolve the matter on your behalf?

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

We are so sorry to hear of your experience. We do appreciate the impact of cancelled operations on our patients and their families and assure you that we are working hard to minimise those occasions where we are required to cancel a patient's surgery. Can we ask you to please contact our PALS department, who will be pleased to help try to resolve your situation.