"Cardiology referral a disgrace"

About: Tameside General Hospital / Cardiology Wythenshawe Hospital / Cardiology

I was seen by a doctor in the Cardiology Outpatients at Tameside General hospital concerning an on going problem with my heart. He decided to refer me to Wythenshaw for a tilt test. After nothing for a few weeks my wife rang Wythenshaw to see whether they had received the said referral. They hadn't. Then both myself and my wife rang the cardiology team at Tameside to be told that the referral would be faxed which indeed it had but it was waiting for further information to be sent to Wythenshaw via internal post which as of today had not arrived.

Is this really the way a simple referral should be dealt with? My employment is in jeopardy here so a little urgency would be appreciated.

Response from Helen Howard, Head of Patient Experience, Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust

Many thanks for your comments. This is not a standard we would want for our patients. Without specific details it is difficult to address your concerns. Please can I ask for you to contact Mr. Conor Lomas for us to assist with your situation?

Business Development Manager,

Telephone: 0161 922 4890

Email: conor.lomas@tgh.nhs.uk

‘’Would you like to help the hospital to improve its services further? We are currently looking for patients and carers to become involved in a development called “Patient Stories”. We want to know more about our services from the point of view of those who received them – what was good, bad, what could be improved, what should be changed. Want to know more about what’s involved? Please contact John Goodenough, Director of Nursing at