"Pacemaker extraction"

About: Manchester Royal Infirmary

I recently had to undergo a pacemaker extraction which was done at MRI. I can not praise highly enough the consultants and nurse who, together with the rest of the staff at the unit provided excellent treatment and care. From my arrival into a relaxed and very patient friendly environment, through an awkward procedure to a discharge fraught with problems (all of which were cause by external parties), I was more than happy to place myself entirely in their charge with complete and total confidence in their ability and genuine concern for my well being. My heartfelt thanks to all involved in my treatment and care.

Response from Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your comments posted on the Patient Opinion website regarding your care at the Manchester Royal Infirmary. It was very kind of you to write and compliment the staff as it is good to receive positive feedback which reflects their hard work and dedication. It was reassuring to hear that you thought that the level of care your received during your procedure to extract your pacemaker was excellent. We can assure you that we have passed on your thoughts to the Surgery team and the staff involved.

The Patient Experience Team

Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Response from Manchester Royal Infirmary

Thank you for your comments posted on the NHS Choices website regarding your care at the Manchester Royal Infirmary. It was very kind of you to write and compliment the staff as it is good to receive positive feedback which reflects their hard work and dedication. It was reassuring to hear that you thought that the level of care your received during your procedure to extract your pacemaker was excellent. We can assure you that we have passed on your thoughts to the Surgery team and the staff involved. The Patient Experience Team Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust