"The food is Appalling!"

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

My daughter spent some time as an inpatient and found the food totally inedible. One of her evening meals - a bolognese sauce with pasta was described by her husband as looking like a 'bush-tucker trial'. The pasta was dried up and rock hard and the the sauce looked as if it had been vomited onto the plate - disgusting! Breakfast consisted of sugery cereals or bread and jam - the toaster having been abondoned because of the number of fire brigade call outs! .....come on people, surely to god someone can manage to make toast without burning it! Some hospitals seem to forget that adequate nutrition and nourishment is an essential part of a patient's ability to recover - Get your act together and start producing meals which people can eat!

Thank you for your feedback about our food. I am sorry to see this as we normally receive good feedback about the quality of food. Please do get in touch so I can pin-point the ward and time and I will raise it with our caterers. I agree that good nutritional intake is essential whilst in hospital. My email address is Julie.pearce1@nhs.net in case you would like to discuss in more detail.