"Lack of urgency"

About: Royal Berkshire Hospital

I was referred to the RBH Urology team with kidney stones mid-to-end of June 2014. I only saw a doctor early August, which in itself left me in agony for 6 weeks+, then since my scan and consult, I've waited 5 weeks with what would have been no communication. I have persistently had to chase up secretaries, the urologist, waiting times dept and more and i am still waiting on a date for my procedure (a procedure i wouldnt know i needed if i hadn't taken it on my own back to chase up!). This means I'm likely to be going on 3-4 months from being referred by my GP, to any treatment. It seems like nobody understands that i am in agony, there has been no urgency whatsoever in my treatment and i can understand entirely why people go private wherever possible.

Response from Royal Berkshire Hospital

We are extremely sorry to hear of the difficulties that you are experiencing. If you would kindly contact us via our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on 0118 322 8338 or email talktous@royalberkshire.nhs.uk, we can better address your concerns and assist in your ongoing care.