"Consultant completely let down the whole service"

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I was a recent inpatient in the QEQM hospital in Margate. During my stay, all the staff, from the domestics to the ward sister, were absolutely fantastic. The doctors were friendly, professional, polite and helpful.

Unfortunately, one member of staff, a consultant, I felt was extremely arrogant, unprofessional and rude to patients and nurses alike. In my opinion they made the job of the nurses very difficult, due to their attitude. They belittled patients and nurses. They did not treat patients with dignity and respect, talking at them, not to them, and did not appear to listen to anyone.

I would definitely not recommend this one member of staff at QEQM to anyone.

However Sea Bathing Ward itself was great and the rest of the team were brilliant!

Thank you so much for providing us with such lovely feedback. I am very sorry to read that one member of staff let us down and caused you distress due to their attitude and behaviour. If you would like to talk to me about your experience, please do email me on Julie.pearce1@nhs.net

I hope you are recovering well.