"My husband had an out of hospital cardiac arrest secondary to a heart attack"

About: Royal Cornwall Hospital (Treliske) / Accident and emergency South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

My husband collapsed from a cardiac arrest whilst we were on holiday in Cornwall. I am a doctor and I knew what had happened. I commenced CPR whilst my friends rang 999.

The emergency services responded so well, first responder, co-responders, paramedic crew and air ambulance. He was taken to Treliske Hospital Cornwall where he had excellent treatment and care. He is alive today and back home. We are so grateful to all involved.

Dear Y Oade

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad to hear that your husband is home and recovering well.

It is always rewarding to hear that our staff are continuing to provide excellent care to our patients when they need us most.

I would like to pass your kind comments onto the ambulance crews who came to your husbands aid. Would you be able to contact me, laura.martin@swast.nhs.uk or call 01392 453831, at your convenience, with the date and address that the ambulance attended? This would allow me to identify the staff involved and ensure they are recognised for the care they gave.

Thank you again for providing feedback on our service.