"Recent A&E visit"

About: Grantham & District Hospital / Accident and emergency

I called into my local A&E Grantham on Monday morning to have my left big toe looked at. I damaged it at the weekend and thought it may have been broken.

However, the Dr who saw had a very thick accent and I could not really understand him, however, what was more distressing was the fact I felt he could not wait to get me out of the consulting room. After my x-ray was clear, he advised that was that and had his hand on the door to leave as I was still sat down talking to him.

This left me feeling frustrated and worried that I was not getting the best care available.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear A C Racing

Firstly sorry the delaying in posting this response back to you. I wanted to speak to the doctor who saw you and also show them the comments you had left.

The doctor is sorry that you did not understand his thick accent and will be endeavouring to improve on this in the future. He is sorry that you felt he was chasing him out of the consulting room, he has explained that he followed you after you had left the room in order to usher in the next patient and apologises if you perceived this as him trying to get rid of you

Dr Rizvi