"I would like to thank the staff on John Proctor Ward"

About: Lings Bar Hospital / Inpatient nursing and rehabilitation

I would like to thank the staff on John Proctor Ward very much for their carer support during a difficult time - they encourage you to talk to them which is really refreshing and reassuring unlike 2 past experiences at the QMC.

The physiotherapists work very hard to rehabilitate the patients and have to apply a good deal of psychology when the patient doesn't follow instructions! I don't think I should personalise this entry but I would like this positive feedback to be given in general to the staff and physio's of this very welcoming ward

It has a lovely light atmosphere (as does the whole hospital). I might add this is not always appreciated by the patient this posting concerns but the staff show a great deal of understanding of underlying disorders/difficulties. Thank you.

Response from Janet Crawford, Operational Services Manager, Lings Bar Hospital, Health Partnerships

Thank you so much for such lovely feedback regarding John Procter Ward.

I am pleased that as a carer of one of our patients you felt supported by the ward staff in general and the physiotherapy team in particular.

Thank you too for acknowledging the hard work put in by the physio team and also your kind comments regarding the ward and hospital environment.

I will forward your comments to the Ward Manager and Physiotherapy Team Leader with a request that they share your feedback with their teams.

• bumblebee thinks this response is helpful

I just wanted to let you know that your posting is number 1450 on Patient Opinion!

We have made 114 changes on Patient Opinion to date and we find it a really effective way to improve services by listening to our service users and carers.

Staff really do get job satisfaction from reading about the care they have delivered well!

Thank you again for posting your carer feedback about John Proctor Ward.

• bumblebee thinks this response is helpful