"Disappointed with rheumatology outpatients clinic"

About: University Hospital Of Wales / Trauma & orthopaedics

This has to be the most depressing clinic anywhere! Small dingy space with very uncomfortable seating, not suitable for people suffering with joint pain.

I was told at my last visit that I needed to give my current treatment 3 more months and if it still wasn't helping then it would be changed to something else. The last 3 months have been hell! So I was really hoping for some help today.

However I was told at today's visit that I must have more ultrasounds images done, which will take 2-3 months and so carry on with the current treatment (that's not working) and come back in 4 months!

Maybe I am bit slow to catch on, I am just being to see that I am on my own with this, and I can expect little support from outpatients.

I certainly won't be holding my breath anyway, it looks like I shall have lost my job before I ever get any help anyway

Response from Sheila Harrison, Assistant Director Patient Experience, Cardiff and Vale University Health Board

Hello

I am so sorry to read of your experience in the department. If you would like to contact me directly we can discuss further so I can investigate.

My e mail address is sheila.harrison@wales.nhs.uk

regards