"Patient Notes Missing From "The System""

About: New Victoria Hospital (Glasgow)

I have a skin condition (Lichen Planus) and am on steroids. Went to New Victoria Hospital, Glasgow last week to give blood at their request. Initially told that no such request was on the system so it couldn't be done as Nurses can't instigate such things and no Drs were on duty. However, after being asked when I was last at the Clinic [which I thought an odd question] I was told that my last presence on the system was a year ago, and nothing since, despite me having seen 4 Drs on 4 separate visits, plus several others times to give bloods.

I am intending making a complaint to see what went wrong but hopefully they'll have a backup!

Dear StuBu,

Thank you for taking the time to highlight the issues you have had with your electronic records and I am sorry for the frustration this has caused you, particularly if this has caused any delay in getting your bloods taken. I would like to look into this further so I would appreciate if you could contact me directly on lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk so that I can get a bit more information from you to take this forward.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Best Wishes,