"In-patient care for Shoulder Operation"

About: William Harvey Hospital

I had care spanning 2 days/ 1 night in Kings reception, Recovery unit and Channel Day care overnight. All (and I really mean ALL) nursing staff from surgeon to cleaner and all in between were magnificent. I was informed about every step of my procedure and the follow-up care after it could not have been better. The shortage of ward beds MUST be addressed higher up the staffing chain as it puts almost intolerable pressure on the frontline nursing staff and puts a big dent into morale. The staff made my stay as comfortable as could be and my care was paramount to the various teams day and night.

Thank you so much for taking time to provide us with such encouraging feedback. I will ensure that staff are aware, we are really proud of staff who really work hard to provide excellent care sometimes under difficult circumstances.

Thank you for your comments about bed shortages, we have raised this with our commissioners as we are currently experiencing a much higher level of demand for services than we are expecting or have the resources to provide. This does create difficulties especially when we do not have any additional physical space to use.

Thank you again and I hope you continue to recover well from your procedure.