"Urology Department a disgrace"

About: Sunderland Royal Hospital

Once again I am writing this concerning the urology department,What is it going to take for those at the top to sort this department out, as once again another appointment cancelled with no reason why and no other appointment given.Having had an operation cancelled three times I put a complaint in,eventually having the operation in April the follow up appointment was cancelled so I put feed back on here and eventually had that appointment.My next appointment was to be on the 30th of September but low and behold a letter arrived this morning cancelling that appointment saying sorry due to unforeseen circumstances it is necessary to cancel my appointment. I would accept this if it was a one off but it is every appointment that this happens with, do those at the top know how this happening affects people's lives,or is it we are just a number and not a patient.I am so angry right now with this hospital that if I could afford to I would go private.Some one really needs to sort this department out .

Response from Sunderland Royal Hospital

Please accept our apologies that you have continued to encounter problems with regard to your appointments. In order to look into the reasons why this has happened to you, we will need some additional details. Could you please contact the Patient Advice & Liaison Team who will be happy to pick this up for you to ensure you are offered an appointment soon.