"Gallstones"

About: Peterborough City Hospital

On the 27th of december i began to exp right upper quadrant pain, i knew that it was my gall bladder straight away as i work in the clincal department in the nhs. My gp confirmed this, she rang up pch and told them that i was on my way. When i arrived i told the receptionist that i was expected, she rang the on call med reg who said that no one had spoke to him, she told that i wasnt expected and i need to take a seat. I waited 75 minutes to be seen then a nurse called me through, she commented that i looked in pain but said that i should have taken pain relief. I told her that i have been taking pain relief for three days at regular intervals, she shugged he shoulders and told me to go into a cubicle. A dr came in to see me and commented that i was in pain, but no pain relief offered, this happened three times. A porter then told me he was taking me for a scan, i told him that i needed pain relief first,so he drew the curtains and said "please yourself". Eventually after two hours being in a&e i was cannulated and given iv morphine. I was relieved from pain for about 20 mins, when i asked for somemore pain relief i was asked was i a junkie. I informed them that i was a paramedic and i knew what pain relief i needed, as soon as the staff realised this there attitude changed. I was dusgusted with the service in accident and emergency. I wrote to pals, ceo and the head of a&e and 9 months later i have still not had a reply.

Response from Annette Parker, Care Quality Strategic Support Manager, Care Quality, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Mr Topping please could you email me on annette.parker@pbh-tr.nhs.uk as I would like to discuss this further. Thank you