"They literally keep you out of hospital"

About: Nottingham West / Primary care rehab & falls service

I’m 83 and one thing about growing old is that you have to accept you can’t do the things you once could. Nowadays I’m very wobbly on my feet.

I’ve just been discharged from the Nottingham West Community Therapy Team. I’ve had 2 people looking after for me from the practitioner therapy team, Dawn Fizsimmons and Jessica Sutton.

They give you exercises and advice on how to cope with mobility problems. They have also arranged for me to have a handrail to help me get about the house. Their help is invaluable and they literally keep you out of hospital.

It’s also a great comfort to know that, if I need to rerefer at any stage, they are just at the end of the phone ready to help again.

Response from Dawne Fitzsimmons, Team Leader - Community Therapy, Nottingham West Locality, County Health Partnerships

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding the service my team provides. Jessica and I appreciate your positive comments and it is very satisfying for us to know that the service we provide has been beneficial to you. The team as a whole endeavours to provide a person centred service which we are proud to deliver and your positive experience is a testimony to this.

• Emerald494 thinks this response is helpful