"Care at monk lands hospital"

About: Monklands District General Hospital / Endoscopy

Routine colonoscopy and endoscopy which resulted in complication admission to surgical unit. I would like to compliment the care attention and kindness shown to myself and my family. I work in the nhs and I know we do get a lot of criticism however as I was on the other side of the fence I saw things differently. From staff in endoscopy to staff on ward 4 everyone from porters, X-ray, nurse, doctors, catering, pharmacy, clerical, despite my procedure not going entirely to plan I was well looked after. Just to say thanks to everyone involved.

Response from Ruth Thompson, Chief of Nursing Services, Monklands Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Wb yeats

Thank you for taking the time to share the experience of your care here at Monklands Hospital.

I'm sorry to hear your routine Endoscopy and Colonoscopy didn't go quite to plan which I'm sure was very disappointing and distressing to both you and your family.

I'm delighted to learn that the care you received from the whole Multi-Disciplinary Team was so positve and you felt well looked after and supported during your admission. I will pass on your kind comments to the staff.

• Wb yeats thinks this response is helpful