"Mostly good but some minor issues"

About: Lings Bar Hospital / Inpatient nursing and rehabilitation

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

Sometimes when you ring your bell you have to wait.

Sometimes too much on your plate at dinner time. Gravy is put on my food and I don't take it. My daughter takes me to Morrisons to buy food. I have fish and chips at Morrisons because the fish here is dried up. I have my own soups.

Everyone here is very nice (patients). Some of the nurses are nice. One is not nice, only one.

Response from Janet Crawford, Operational Services Manager, Lings Bar Hospital, Health Partnerships

Thank you for your posting following your stay in Lings Bar Hospital. I am glad that you felt that all of the patients and the majority of the nurses were nice and sad to hear that you felt that one of the nurses was not so nice.

I am sorry that sometimes you had to wait for a response when you pressed the nurse call bell, the nursing staff will always answer the bell as soon as they are able, but on occasions may already be with other patients when a call bell in rung.

All of our patient meals are cooked freshly in our own hospital kitchens so it is disappointing that you felt the need to take some of your meals outside of the hospital. I will forward your comments to the catering manager with a request that our menus and food quality be reviewed. I will also remind our ward staff who serve patient meals to check with individuals about preferences and portion size.