"Nurse went above and beyond and showed amazing care"

About: Locala Community Partnerships CIC / Heart failure team

My dad was visited by the heart failure nurse.

Lucy Leese was always cheery, helpful and as well as supporting my dad. He loved her and looked forward to her visits. She even supported me too as I was an only daughter.

My dad ended up at Kirkwood Hospice. Lucy even came to visit him there, even though he had moved to a different district. This was really above and beyond what she had to do and showed amazing care.

Lucy also phoned to offer who condolences when she found out my dad had died.

She is a genuine person who takes an interest in patients. She works from the heart as well as her head.

Thank you Lucy.

Response from Nigel Grimshaw, Customer Engagement Manager, Intergrated Adults, Locala Community Partnerships

Nature 305,

I passed your kind comments onto Lucy and the team at the time of your posting, but apologise for not then posting a reply to yourself. Can I therefore take this opportunity to thank you for posting your kind comments at what must have been a difficult time. I can tell you that your feedback was appreciated by Lucy and the wider team, as it is always nice to know that the care they provide has made a real difference to peoples lives. Thank you again for your comments.