"My visit on the 26th August"

About: Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

My father brought me in as I was in acute urinary retention with a blovked catheter (my 2nd visit in 6 weeks), due to lack of care from my community nursing team. I was told I wasn't a priority, and kept waiting for 4 hours, despite a swollen, painful tummy, I was 'eventually' put into a cubicle where we were almost ignored, eventually after I almost collapsed I was seen by a lovely consultsnt called, who was extremely kind and gentle. If it happens again I'll have no choice but to attend again, but I feel very anxious about doing so, although thankfully for now I am stable.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you experienced such a lengthy delay in being seen and for the distress that caused. Thank you also for providing your very kind feedback about the consultant who cared for you.

Response from Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are so sorry to hear that the standard of care you experienced was not at the level we would want for any of our patients. Should you feel it would be helpful to discuss your concerns on an individual level, can I ask you to please contact our Customer Care department, who will be pleased to help.