"MRI Department"

About: Pinderfields General Hospital

My appointment was at 6:35pm which I thought was a mistake at first. There was no one in the department except for signs asking patients with appointments to wait in the waiting area until a staff member collects them. A nurse appeared 10 mins before my appointment for MRI patients and took us all to another waiting area, and just left us there. It states that I would go into my appointment on time unless there was a emergency. There was no emergency and I waited a further 30 mins before a nurse came and went through a form I had already filled in again with me in a patronising manner! The changing rooms open onto the waiting area so you may be unfortunate enough to have to dress in a gown and sit there in front of other male and female patients and their family and friends. It was very uncomfortable and embarrassing, you didn't know where to look! I would not recommend this department unless you are an exibitionist!

Response from Pinderfields General Hospital

We apologise for any discomfort caused and would be pleased to look into the matter further if the patient would like to contact us directly.