"Good experience of hernia operation in Arthur South Day Unit "

About: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital / General surgery

My first experience of the Day unit was at the pre-assessment. I was treated with courtesy and a smile at the reception desk. I was seen within minutes of my appointment time and the whole experience was quick and very efficient and relaxing.

On the day of my operation I arrived at 11 am for an afternoon operation. I was met promptly and immediately taken to the ward area. I really liked the fact that I was asked how I wished to be addressed this might seem a small thing but really made me feel respected.

The atmosphere was friendly calm and efficient. I was expecting to wait but all the time I was kept informed. Was met by the surgeon who explained the procedure. Because of complications to a previous patient there was a delay, but I was kept fully informed and not asked to get into the gown until my operation was imminent.

Once in the operating there I was made to feel safe and relaxed. The surgeon and all the theatre staff were so communicative and the whole experience was without any issues. Since I was having the procedure under local anesthetic I was able to witness the efficiency and professionalism. I felt so safe! ! Finally I was returned to the ward and within minutes given a hot drink and food and smiles. All my fellow patients in the ward were glowing in their praise.

Thank you! ! ! !

Thank you for your kind comments about the team who looked after you during your surgery. We will pass on your feedback and hope you are making a good recovery.

• Rodashwelltorpe thinks this response is helpful