"Completely useless at doing their job"

About: East Surrey Hospital

My boyfriend started collasping in January. We have seen the gp so many times and it took four months after the doctor saying he would refer him too see the specialist for him to actually write the letter. We have been to the emerency department more than six times. We are constantly treated rudely and made too feel like we are wasting their time. He was in the acute medical unit in June and they have apparently lost all of his results.He now has to wait until November to see the heart specialist. Meanwhile he is lying in bed constantly in pain and unable to work. I hold the gp and the hospital equally incaptable . Nobody cares in this country.

Response from Ben Mearns, Chief of Medicine, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous

Kindest regards

Dr Ben Mearns

Response from East Surrey Hospital

I'm so sorry to read your feedback that clearly shows how frustrated you and your boyfriend are. It is never our intention to cause anxiety or frustration and I am eager to help to sort the matter out as quickly as I can. I am very willing to help to ensure that he gets the best care as soon as possible. If you are able to contact me by email on ben.mearns@sash.nhs.uk then I can find the case notes and assist you. However if you would rather speak with our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) then you can contact them through 01737 768511. Kindest regards Dr Ben Mearns