"Poor access to Glasgow Live Active scheme"

About: NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

I was referred by my GP to this scheme and have had positive initial meeting with my Live Active Adviser. Unfortunately as I work full time I am unable to access any of the support sessions such as

The New Live Active Functional Training Class

Supervised Gym Sessions

Weigh in Week

Live Active Drop In Sessions

Health Walks

This system is not fully inclusive as it discriminates against those who work full time Monday to Friday.

Dear Alba 13,

Thank you for getting in touch. I'm glad that your initial meeting with your Live Active Adviser was positive, but sorry that you have since had trouble accessing some of the services offered.

I would like to get some more information from the Live Active Service to address the points you have raised, and so I will get back to you with a fuller response shortly.

Kind Regards,

Dear Alba 13,

Further to my post above, I have asked for some more information about the Live Active Scheme and Lianne, the Live Active Manager, would like to pass on the following information to you:

"Thank you for your feedback. I am very pleased to hear that your first consultation was a positive experience. However I am sorry to hear that you have had difficulty accessing some of our services. We currently offer Live Active supervised gym sessions at 9.30am on Saturday mornings at Glasgow Club Bellahouston & Glasgow Club Scotstoun. In addition to this, the wider Glasgow Health Walks programme offer walks in Bellahouston Park at 11am on Sundays and Hyndland Road at 2pm on Sundays. With regards to the Live Active Functional training classes which are taken by a Live Active Advisor you are right in saying that these do not run on evening and weekends. However, the Live Active Advisor would be more that happy to signpost you to equivalent classes which are run by Glasgow Club instructors on evenings and weekends. If you feel that you would benefit from additional one to one support from your Live Active Advisor we would be more than happy to book you in for further consultations.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and I hope that you will continue to pursue your physical activity goals with the help of the Live Active Referral Scheme."

I hope this addresses the issues you have raised in terms of classes available at weekends, as well as how to find out about further alternatives with your Live Active Advisor. If you do have any further comments or questions, please feel free to get in touch with me directly at lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk.

Best Wishes,