"Outpatient visit"

About: Royal Hallamshire Hospital

Following my referral to Sheffield for TN I saw the consultant yesterday and quite frankly was very disappointed with their attitude to my condition. There were 3 people in the room, one who seemed to be on his mobile phone the other falling asleep and the other talking to my husband as If I was not in the room. I feel it was a total waste of time and money going to see them. I was made to feel insignificant and that I didn’t matter.

Response from Debbie Fletcher, Patient Partnership, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent experience of our services. I am very sorry that on this occasion your care was not of the high standard that we would expect at our Trust. We would like to be given the opportunity to respond to you in more detail about this.

If you would like us to investigate your concerns further, please contact our Patient Services Team on either 0114 2712400 or pst@sth.nhs.uk and they will take additional details from you.

Thank you once again.