"praise where praise is due"

About: William Harvey Hospital

Our beautiful baby boy Austin Jack EdwardsAustin Our at William Harvey Maternity Unit on the 31/12/2013. We chose Ashford Hospital following a recommendation by friends some years ago. I work as a Senior Nurse Practitioner in Sittingbourne and recently with yet again more complaints about Hospitals on the news I felt compelled to write about our experience when having our first child; from the phonecalls to the delivery suite when minor contractions started at home on 29th December 2013 to the safe delivery of Austin on New Years Eve we had exemplary care, utter professionalism and empathy. The rooms we stayed in were clean, private and comfortable, although my partner may slightly disagree (he slept on a hospital bedside chair).. but he and I were pleased to be together - I wouldn't have wanted him to go home. My experience in labour was hard at times but the numerous midwives, doctors, and an anaesthetist made Austin's birth possible; 2 hours of pushing failed to deliver him so an episiotomy was necessary due to his position, I lost alot of blood and required 3 units of blood with a Hb <7. Throughout our stay I was offered refreshments and food regularly and vividly remember the tea trolley and the house keeping staff... they all offered kindness and above all else the 'very British' comforting cuppa! Thankyou to everyone who looked after us, Austin sustained significant head abrasion with temporary head disfigurement due to some failed attempts to pull him out... he recovered well and is adorable, we love him so much, we are forever greatful for the knowledge, skill, care and professionalism displayed by all staff.

Dear Helen, thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such lovely feedback. I will ensure that our matron for maternity services cascades this to the team. They will be encouraged by your feedback. It has been a difficult time for us and we are keeping our staff focused on the excellent care they provide every day. So encouraging feedback really helps.

Best wishes for you and your family.