"A big thank you"

About: Castle Hill Hospital / General surgery

I attended Castle Hill Hospital to have a gall bladder removed. On first entering the hospital reception, I was feeling apprehensive but when I had seen my nurse, she put me at ease. I also suffer with high blood pressure. Even the anaesthetist and surgeon who were operating on me put my mind at rest. I was in good hands, I felt safer and my worries went away. The operation (keyhole) went very well. On coming round after the operation, I was so looked after. Nothing was any trouble for the nurses as they made me tea and toast and I felt better. On being discharged, I was given medication and told how to use it and asked if I had anything I wanted to discuss with the nurse. All the staff were great. A big thank you to them all.

Response from Engagement Section Assistant, NHS Hull

Dear Albatross152

Thank you very much for your comments about your experiences in the General Surgery Unit at Castle Hill Hospital – we have forwarded these to our colleagues at Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals Trust. They will ensure that the staff concerned are made aware of your kind comments.

NHS Hull is the organisation responsible for deciding how money is spent on local health services (also known as commissioning), ensuring those services are of high quality and meet local needs.

Thank you once again for taking the time to place your comments on this website.