"lack of communication from staff at Ayr "

About: Ayr Hospital / Cardiology

(as a carer),

My wife was taken into Ayr hospital to a&e then station 7 then station 6, Ifound the lack of communication absolutely deplorable.

Being my wifes official carer for sixteen years, not one doctor spoke to me about the things that were wrong with my wife until things started to go wrong with her treatment and then only at my insistence.

Dear danderson1,

Firstly can I say I am sorry that your wife has been unwell? I hope she makes a full and rapid recovery. It is upsetting when we are not kept up to speed with the progress of our loved ones in hospital. I can only apologise for any lack of communication and pass this on to the management teams for their consideration.

Kind regards,

Eunice

• danderson1 doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} of {{totalOthers()}} other people think it is helpful

Update posted by danderson1 (a carer)

Hello Eunice, I was referring to station 6 only.

Sad to say my wife passed away. After all her treatment in station 6, she was moved to x house where she passed away. The consultant at x house said it was obvious they couldn't help her.

Update posted by danderson1 (a carer)

I take it with the deafening silence that not one person has got an opinion on this complaint?

Dear danderson1,

I am so very sorry that your wife has passed away, it is always a difficult time when a loved one dies.

I believe that you may have met with several senior managers to discuss the care your wife received. While we believe we have fully explored your complaint, I am sorry you feel dissatisfied as yet and if it would help to be in contact with me I can let you know some of the other options open to you. Please email me on eunice.goodwin@aapct.scot.nhs.uk.

Thank you and all the very best to you

Eunice

• danderson1 doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} of {{totalOthers()}} other people think it is helpful

Response from Fiona McQueen, Nurse Director, Nurse Directorate, NHS Ayrshire and Arran

Dear danderson1,

I am sorry to see that your wife has passed away. Losing a loved one is always difficult but especially so when you've been unhappy with the care she received. I would be really keen that we can understand what went wrong and would be happy to meet with you if you feel that would be helpful. If you contact Eunice she can arrange whatever you would find helpful.

With best wishes, and assurances that we want to help.

• danderson1 thinks this response is helpful