"Good care on Ward 5A, Raigmore Hospital Inverness"

About: Raigmore Hospital / Geriatric Assessment

My Father has had a recent stay of five weeks in Ward 5A, the Care of the Elderly ward. On my visits the ward was always fresh and clean and the staff responded to the needs and requests of the patients with efficiency and good humour. George gave time to the patients and never showed frustration at what was sometimes repetitive but necessary work.

As a relative visiting from some distance it is comforting to know that the care is of such a good standard.

Response from Susan Brimelow, Chief Inspector, Healthcare Environment Inspectorate, Healthcare Improvement Scotland

I have read your comment and I am pleased to note you found Ward 5A Raigmore hospital was always fresh and clean when you visited your father.

Response from Maimie Thompson, Head of Public Relations and Engagement, Chief Executive's Office, NHS Highland

Dear October

Thank you for your feed-back. I am sorry your dad had such a lengthy stay but I am really pleased you were happy with his care. I hope your dad was too.

If there is anything you feel we can improve upon – no matter how small – do please let us know.

I do hope your dad is feeling very much better.