"Wish the service was more reliable"

About: South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Patient transport service (PTS)

I am on dialysis. I go three times a week and always get driven by the ambulance service. Recently, I was at South Meade hospital after an appointment and was waiting to be collected. Nobody turned up, so I called the Bristol office to find out what was happening.

Nobody was in the office to answer phone. It was 6. 30pm on a Friday. I didn’t know who to call, or how to find out who should be collecting me. Eventually, the people at the hospital sorted it out, and I got a ride with one of the transport people who was leaving anyway. I didn’t get transport back until 7. 40pm.

As I use the service regularly, I’d say my experience is varied. Sometimes they know to pick me up, sometimes they don’t. I wish it was more reliable. Though the staff are always lovely.

Dear Shell716

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am so sorry to hear that you were not collected from your dialysis appointment.

We would really like to look into this incident for you to find out exactly what happened on this occasion. Could you please contact our Patient Experience team, at your convenience, on 01392 261585 or email patientexperience@swast.nhs.uk and my colleagues will be happy to investigate your concerns.

Thank you again for providing feedback on our service.