"patient advisory and liaison staff are horrible"

About: King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill)

The patient liaison I connected with was horrible. Poor manners. Not helpful. Bad attitude. Disrespectful. Did not want to be bothered.

Response from King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill)

This is of extreme concern, there were only two members of staff on duty yesterday in the Patient Advice and Liaison and Support Services Office and I am very sorry that this was your perception of your contact. There was someone who I listened to who was very distressed and then said that I needed to contact the complaints team to meet to take the details of a complaint who then left the office. If that was the contact that is referred to then this description is inaccurate. I explained that I was in the office alone and needed the complaints team to take down the details because a formal complaint was required. This is not the same as not being bothered and the other comments I believe are not representative of the contact. If this is the contact that is described then I would be grateful if this could be added to the complaint that was subsequently made in writing to allow me the opportunity to respond.