"A&E very upset"

About: Northern General Hospital

I have just been to A&E and was treated very badly by a young doctor. She made no attempt to listen to my concerns regarding my new medication and chest pains. In the end she said I have a complicated case and admitted that she didn't have experience of the medication that I was taking. She confused my hyperthyroidism with hypothyroidism. I lost confidence in her at this point. She was rude and dismissive. . I am extremely upset by the whole experience. If she had listened a bit more rather than being dismissive and rude to me she would of found out that I also have Aspergers and have communications difficulties. I needed a bit more information. Instead she made me feel worthless.

Response from Debbie Fletcher, Patient Partnership, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent experience of our services. I am very sorry that you have had cause to raise concerns regarding the standard of care you have received. We would like to be given the opportunity to investigate this further and respond to you in more detail. If you would like us to investigate your concerns further, please contact our Patient Services Team on either 0114 2712400 or pst@sth.nhs.uk and they will take additional details from you.

Thank you once again.