"I felt I was in the best of hands"

About: Royal Stoke University Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

I was en route to Scotland and slipped on wet grass at Stafford services and dislocated my ankle.

My NHS care was superb, from the care and humour of the West Midlands ambulance crew who took me to hospital, to the prompt and fantastic care and support I received in A&E, right through to my operation the next morning and discharge the following day from ward 225.

I have nothing but praise for the care, professionalism and support from staff. Everyone was very kind, explained what was happening and why. One junior doctor in A&E said she loved working there and it showed. The doctors and nurses seemed highly motivated and this was very re-assuring as I felt I was in the best of hands.

I am now well on the road to recovery thanks to the care I received from the NHS in Staffordshire.

Response from University Hospitals of North Midlands

Hi Skippy38,

It is always good to receive positive feedback from our patients and we are extremely grateful when they take time to say thank you. The hospital at times works under great pressures yet we all work towards the united goal to ensure our patients are cared for in the best possible way and receive quality care throughout their journey.

I would like to say a big thank you again, news like this really does lift our spirits and I would like to wish you a continued healthy recovery.

Kind Regards

Karen Whitehurst

Ward 225

Response from Regional Head of Patient Experience, West Midlands Ambulance Service

Thank you for feedback and I do hope that you are making a good recovery.

Where possible we do like to share feedback with our staff. If possible, I would be grateful if you would consider contacting the Patient Experience Team on 01384 246370 or email pals@wmas.nhs,uk

Marie Tideswell