"I feel as if no-one wants to do anything"

About: Peterborough City Hospital / Paediatrics

My son has Tourette’s syndrome and suffers from tics. Recently his tics have become worse, they are frustrating him and impacting on the rest of the family so I really need to get some help for him. I also suffer from depression so everything is building up.

For the past week I have tried to get some help for my son, I keep phoning the hospital where the receptionist tells me that they will get someone to call be back. No one has called back. Or they tell me the person I need to speak to is away and will be back on Monday – I called back on Monday only to be told the person I needed was actually back on Tuesday. I called on Tuesday – the person was not there.

The lady who normally treats my son only works term time so I cannot speak to her at the moment during the school holidays.

I feel as if no-one wants to do anything, I’m not sure if messages are being passed on – the receptionists tell me they are so I have to suppose they are. But I’m so frustrated that I’m not getting anywhere.

Response from Annette Parker, Care Quality Strategic Support Manager, Care Quality, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Please could you email me on annette.parker@pbh-tr.nhs.uk as I would like to help you reslove this but I do need some extra information. Look for ward to hearing from you

Response from Peterborough City Hospital

I was saddened sorry to read your posting and I would really like to discuss this with you in person. With that in mind could you contact me on lesley.crosby@pbh-tr.nhs.uk so we can arrange a suitable time to chat. My apologies again for the distress caused to you Kind regards Lesley Crosby Acting Deputy Chief Nurse