"The drivers were excellent"

About: Scottish Ambulance Service / Patient Transport Service

3 months ago I had an appointment at Ayr Hospital and had a dreadful problem with the transport ambulance getting me home. I did not get home till 6: 30 in the evening – it was very distressing.

I had another appointment on Wednesday just gone and everything went like clockwork. The drivers were excellent – it was such a different experience.

Response from Sharon Hammell, Head of Corporate Affairs and Engagement, Scottish Ambulance Service We are preparing to make a change

Dear Rain14

Thank you for sharing your distressing experience of our Patient Transport Service, and your more recent positive experience. We are in the process of introducing a new system called AutoPlan, which will promote more effective use of our Patient Transport resources, and make the service more responsive to patient needs.

If it's not too much trouble, and you are using one of our Patient Transport Service ambulances again, would you mind letting us know how that went for you? It's helpful to hear first hand if the changes we are making are improving the quality of care for our patients.

In the meantime, I'll share your feedback with Patient Transport Service colleagues in Ayr.