"Excellent medical and nursing care, and very good..."

About: Warwick Hospital

My wife and I have recently returned from a holiday in a cottage suitable for wheelchair users at Knightcote, Southam (I have progressive MS, diagnosed in 1990). In the early hours of Monday 30 June I woke up with a great deal of abdominal discomfort/pain. My wife called 111 and, very quickly, an ambulance arrived, a paramedic assessed me and decided to take me, with my wife, to Warwick Hospital. An X-ray and CT scan were carried out and, along with other problems, an infected/inflamed gallbladder was seen for which I received six days I.V. antibacterial treatment followed by oral therapy to allow me to be discharged on Thursday 10 July. Throughout the eleven days I spent in the Hospital; two nights on the 23 hour Ward and the rest of the time on Willoughby Ward, the medical and nursing care I received was first class. All of the doctors, from the surgeon down, had an excellent ‘bedside manner’ and took the time to explain things and answer my questions. The nurses were always attentive despite having very little time left once their essential daily tasks had been carried out. Even the food (vegetarian, low fat menu) was excellent. Keep up the good work.

Response from Warwick Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to write this comment. I will ensure your kind words are passed on the teams involved with your care.