"PALS and Medical Secretary."

About: Scarborough General Hospital

I have been an inpatient at SGH on two occasions at SGH and I have been treated very well on both occasions. However this feedback relates to the excellent care I have received from both PALS and the medical secretary. Sometimes the staff behind the scenes may get overlooked so I wanted to express my thanks and appreciation for their help and attention to detail with an administration error relating to an upcoming MRI test at York hospital. I have contacted my hospital consultants secretary a couple of times by telephone and the secretary has always been extremely helpful and patient with me and I am aware the workload these people have, nothing was too much trouble and I felt like I was a private patient at times not a number in the system it was so important and made such a difference to my care and I really appreciated the personal touch. I have used PALS who dealt with my concern, I won't call it a complaint. I felt my concern was handled professionally with urgency and nothing was too much trouble. The day that I raised the issue with PALS I was contacted later in the day with a progress report and I am pleased to say that the situation has been resolved and resolved without any hassle or need to write letters etc. I do not believe enough people are aware of PALS and the role of intermediary that they can take, they have certainly been an asset in my health care and I thank them for it.

Response from Scarborough General Hospital

Thank you very much for your positive comments; these have been fed back to the staff. Our aim is to provide a high standard of service which reflects the needs of patients.