"The great, caring service received recently "

About: Wishaw General Hospital / General Surgery

Everyone (staff) I came into contact with that day was cheery, helpful, caring and very efficient at their job. Whether it was the nurses or surgeons they put me at ease, did everything they were supposed to do, explained everything in the correct amount of detail (Re: the operation itself) and I felt like they really cared. I know that there is a conveyor-belt of patients shepherded through Wishaw General Hospital but for the time I was there I felt like I was the only person there being cared for.

It was good to see nurses who love their job and surgeons with a sense of humour. Being hyper-critical, timing could be improved.

Response from Marion Mark, Director of Hospital Services, Wishaw General Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear G Man x

I hope you are well I am pleased to hear your care and communication during your time in Wishaw General went well. Staff will be delighted to receive these comments from you that they were caring and cheerful.

We would be more than happy to look at the timing issues you have if you wish to provide more detail around this matter please contact Yvonne Ross our Patient Affairs Manager by calling 01698366558.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery