"I had to attend Bedford south ..."

About: Bedford Hospital South Wing

I had to attend Bedford south wing for an ultra sound and mammogram followed by an appointment with the consultant. I was extremely nervous about the whole appointment but from the moment I entered the hospital I was treated with respect and courtersy. My letter had said to expect to be in the department for up to three hours. I was seen by the radiographer straight away and she explained everything that was going to happen and answered all my questions. The consultant and nurse in ultrasound were reassuring and helpful and then onto my appointment with the nurse and consultant for my results which I thought I would have to wait for but got them straight away. The nurse was very kind and helped me to maintain my dignity which is not easy when you are stripped to the waist, the consultant was very kind and again answered all my questions even the silly ones. I was in and out of the hospital in just over an hour. Relieved and happy that it hadn't been as bad as I thought it would be and my results of my test were negative.

Nothing it was first class

I have worked in the NHS and the private sector as a nurse. A fact I did not reveal to the staff I came in contact with so no special treatment. I know what standards need to be achieved and in this case Bedford South Wing OPD get ten out of ten. Well done and thank you.

Response from Bedford Hospital South Wing

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Bedford Hospital NHS Trust's NHS Choices site.

We strive to deliver the highest quality care for every patient. Your positive feedback about your experience in the radiography department and outpatient clinic will be passed on to staff, who are always very pleased to hear comments from the patients they care for.