"Brilliant care"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / General Medicine

Brilliant care from the moment I arrived on the ward until I left to go home - from everyone I encountered, without exception. All very friendly and efficient. Shame I was there for an op, but that also went very well and recovery has been smooth and without problems. Good pre-op assessment and information to take home; notes from assessment all available to staff on the day; staff thorough and supportive at each stage (very conscientious about finding out about possible allergies and preparing accordingly); really well looked after post-op also; monitoring regular and reassuring. Was almost sorry to go home - great experience. Comprehensive pain relief and good instructions re follow-up to finish.

Preparation and recovery care was meticulous.

Response from Marion Mark, Director of Hospital Services, Wishaw General Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Happy person Bellshill

Thank you for your lovely comments on your care before during and after your surgery I am delighted all went well. I will pass these comments onto the staff who will be delighted to hear that the care given was greatly appreciated and that you had a good outcome to your surgery.

It was good of you to take the time to post your opinion I hope you are fully recovered from your surgery.

Best Wishes