"Some delays in my wife's cancer treatment"

About: City Hospital campus / Oncology Royal Derby Hospital / Oncology

(as a carer),

My wife was diagnosed with liver cancer early June in Derby Royal. We asked for her care to be transferred to Nottingham City because it is both nearer and is the regional centre.

In my opinion there was significant delay in starting treatment. It seemed like on transfer, she seemed to have to join the bottom of the queue again.

Consultant appointment was quick, but ages to wait for CT scan - over 1 month if she had not been an urgent admittance. Cannot fault medical and nursing staff. Just poor administration I believe.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am sorry to hear you feel your wife experienced delays to her treatment once transferred into our care. We would like to look into your wife’s individual case so that we can provide you with the full explanation that you deserve. If you wish us to do so, please contact me directly on ext 0115 969 1169 ext.56692.

• Jelunga thinks this response is helpful

Response from City Hospital campus

This feedback was originally posted on the Patient Opinion website in August 2014. We responded to the comment at the time and the issue has since been investigated and resolved.

Response from Royal Derby Hospital

Firstly, may we begin by sincerely apologising for the extensive delay in responding to this review. Unfortunately, we only received an email notification from NHS Choices that this review had been posted on 17th April 2015. However, when viewing this 'in context' on the website, it is clear this review had first been posted on the Patient Opinion website in August last year (2014). Unfortunately, we have no record of being made aware of this at that time. However, we have read your comments and are extrmely sorry to learn of the delays experienced by your wife during her cancer treatment following her care being transferred from Derby Hospitals to the Nottingham City Hospital. Upon liaison with Patient Opinion, we believe that Nottingham City Hospital may have already responded to this matter when it was first posted in August last year, but as this was also posted on the Derby Hospitals page, we also wanted to acknowledge your comments and explain and apologise for the delay in being able to respond at the time. Kind regards Patient Experience Team for Derby Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust