"Feedback on cooking course in Stapleford"

About: Specialist services / Nutrition & dietetics

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

Below are some of the comments from service users following a 4 week cooking and exercise course in Stapleford, Nottinghamshire:

Service User 1

“We had lots of laughs and giggles meeting different, nice people. We have found all the Nutritionists delivering the cooking sessions have made it really interesting. ”

“We would love some more sessions, it gets us out of the house and among company”

Service User 2

“I have looked forward to the cooking sessions every week and hope you can put on another course soon! ”

“Following the course I now don’t have as much salt and have cut down a bit more on sugar now that I know what goes into the food”

“The ladies who have come go out of their way to make it interesting”

Service User 3

“I have really enjoyed the course and all the recipes. I thought the cous cous was a bit bland, but loved the sweet and sour chicken. ”

“The ladies that have come have been very interesting- I’ve learnt lots and had a laugh”

Service User 4

“I have learnt about cheese ‘going further’ when grated”

“The Nutritionists have been kind, generous, jolly and cheerful- I’d give the course 10 out of 10”

Response from Sophy Parkin, General Manager for Specialist Services, Health Partnerships

Thank you for taking the time out to post these comments. It is always good to hear positive stories - where people enjoyed the course, found it educational and have made changes at home as a result of the knowledge and skills gained.

Lets hope that individuals continue with these positive changes following the course.