"Referral problems for foot surgery"

About: Royal Alexandra Hospital (Paisley) Vale of Leven General Hospital / General Surgery

My GP referred me to General Surgery at the Vale of Leven hospital as I have embedded nail on my toe giving me bother. I telephoned the appointments department to see if an appointment was made and I then was transferred to someone at Gartnaval to be told that toe nail surgery no longer is being done at the RAH or the Vale. I was then told my referral wouldn't go to another hospital, as the Southern General don't take patients from Helensburgh. I am now left with the pain in my foot and now the GP has to give up her time to find out why my original referral to the Vale of Leven hospital has been suspended with no reason to the patient.

Response from Paul Cannon, Head of Administration, Acute Services Division, Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS

Dear waterloo

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide your feedback. In order to progress your enquiry, I would be grateful if you could contact me at paul.cannon@ggc.scot.nhs.uk and provide me your name and date of birth etc in order for us to investigate these concerns.

Once again thank you for using the Patient Opinion feedback system, it is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

• waterloo thinks this response is helpful