"Pleased with podiatric day surgery "

About: Ilkeston Community Hospital

I arrived at 8 am and was made to feel very comfortable and reassured about the procedure by a friendly, welcoming team. It was also good to find that I knew nearly all the people involved in the procedure as they were the team I had been seeing at the foot clinic over the previous 2 years. Everything was explained well, I was treated as a person, not just an object to be worked on and there was a very pleasant atmosphere in the department. The procedure was completely painless and I was kept informed throughout, (and shown the removed nerve at the end! ). On being wheeled back to the day ward I was offered tea and biscuits and I was given detailed instructions on post op care. I was ready to leave just after 10am, just over 2 hours later. Overall, it was a very easy, even pleasant experience provided by a caring, dedicated team.

Response from Lisa Hallam, Patient Support Officer, Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the service you received at Ilkeston Hospital recently. It’s always pleasing to hear when our patients have a good experience when they visit us. I will make sure your kind words are passed on to the Podiatric Surgery team.