"Gallbladder Removal"

About: Royal Oldham Hospital

I feel compelled to write because we hear so many negatives about our NHS, and my experience was so different to what I had been expecting. All the staff, from the doctors and nurses to the ancilliaries were so courteous, friendly and caring. Nothing was too much trouble for them, and they never made you feel as though you were being a nuisance. I felt very apprehensive when I was admitted on 7th August 2014 at 7.30am as this was my first ever operation, but from the minute I arrived on Ward T6, the staff endeavoured to put me at ease. I could not believe how quickly the operation was over and how competently the pain was managed. Upon my discharge the following day, I commented that if a hospital stay can ever be described as a pleasant experience, then this was surely it! Well done the Royal Oldham Hospital! I feel like shouting your praises from the rooftops!

Response from Royal Oldham Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment regarding your visit to ward T6 at the Royal Oldham Hospital. We are very pleased you were happy with the service we provided for you, we are also please you found the staff friendly and caring. We will be very happy to forward your comment to the ward manager to share with the rest of the team.