"Consultant"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

I was at ENT, for my health issue the consultant recommended an MMR scan, I had one before and it was a nightmare for me I couldn't continue with the scan. I asked the doctor today is it similar like last time I meant the size of the scanner he saod yes I asked is there different sizes as I saw in America they used a bigger size for my mum, he replied only if you want to go to the zoo and use their's... what kind of a doctor replies like that to a patients. I was really upset. If I can I will switch to a different doctor.

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies for the distress caused as a results of the comment made, together with my assurance that your feedback has been forwarded to managers in the ENT department. Can I ask you to please contact our PALS department on 01772 522972, who will be pleased to discuss and help with your request to have your care transferred to another consultant.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback; please accept our apologies for the distress caused as a result of your experience. Your feedback has been shared with managers in the ENT department to manage. Can we ask you to please contact staff in our PALS department on 01772 522972, who will be pleased to discuss your care being transferred to another consultant.