"Wasted GP's time and my time"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult Mental Health Services - Community (City)

I went to visit my psychiatrist for an appointment to discuss my medication. I had booked to see my GP and told this to the Doctor, in order for me to get a prescription for my new medications.

My psychiatrist agreed to ask her secretary to fax my GP with my new medication requirements, however this did not happen. I went to my GP appointment and there was no fax from my Psychiatrist's secretary.

It is a shame that poor admin resulted in me wasting time going to the GP, the time of the GP and I still do not have my new medications. Very disappointing- a simple fax- a 3 minute task could have saved so much trouble.

Response from Tracey Taylor, Service Manager, Community and Residential Services (South), Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Hello Sarah

I am sorry you have had this experience. If you would like to contact me on 0115 955 5358 or email me at tracey.taylor@nottshc.nhs.uk I will look into what happened.