"The nurses were friendly and tried ..."

About: Queen's Medical Centre

The nurses were friendly and tried their best to make my little one relaxed at the time.

I had to take my 3 year old child for blood tests. They would not take it from her vein as expected (she had emla cream on there in preparation) but insisted in taking it drip by drip from her thumb. The sample clotted and we had to return for a second attempt. We did and she had to sit through the same procedure again poor little mite. This time we have been told that the sample "leaked in transit" and needs to be repeated again!!! My question - what transit? I took her to the hospital so the blood only had to travel down a few corridors! No apology and i only found this out because my GP surgery phoned through as they had received no results after 5 days. I am disgusted and i want to know who is going to explain to a 3 year old that she has to go through this traumatic experience yet again!!

Response from Queen's Medical Centre

Dear Emma

Thank you for your comments. Please could you contact our Complaints Team on 0115 9249924 ext 62279 so we can investigate this immediately and provide you with a full response.