"Monklands Hospital Service"

About: Monklands District General Hospital / General Surgery

Had a professional & friendly check up at the Colonoscopy Dept today..

Staff put me at ease (as they did others) prior to examination...well done all.

From Doctor Fred to Nurses' Louise & Maureen Reilly...very caring.

Also Staff sister Lorna Montgomery at my 'check out ..Well done, appreciated

What could be improved? the waiting area was a bit soulless.

Dear Diamonds1924

Thank you for taking the time to post and share your experience of the Endoscopy Unit here at Monklands Hospital. The Endoscopy Team recognise patients are very anxious regarding their investigation and work very hard to put patients at ease. I am very pleased to note your experience was so positive and I will certainly share this with the team.

If you have any suggestions on how we may improve the waiting room facilities, please contact SCN Montgomery or myself on ext: 01236 713065.

Kindest Regards

Ruth

Response from Ruth Thompson, Chief of Nursing Services, Monklands Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire We have made a change

Dear Diamonds1924

I would like to take this opportunity to update you on our progress following your feedback regarding the waiting/reception area within the Endoscopy Unit here at Monklands Hospital.

We now have purchased radios for the Reception and Recovery areas, and the digital TV aerial has improved the TV reception within the Discharge area. Art work has also been ordered for the walls and we hope to have this in place within the month.

Thank you once again for posting your feedback and I hope you will be pleased with the actions taken

Ruth

• Diamonds1924 thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Diamonds1924 (the patient)

Thank you for feed back Ruth. I'm sure these actions will assist the patients greatly, both prior and following procedure. If it is first time you can worry/think about "what is going to happen" so distraction is helpful to most folk I think.

Still feel I had excellent care and I have let it be known.